Friday, November 03, 2006

Leaving the UK


So after a rather tame leaving drinks session (For once almost everyone else was amuzingly drunk rather than me) on the Friday evening, I had a weekend of little sleep, rain and tears on the loungeroom floor trying to pack. Fortunately, after a few phone calls, Griff assured me he would look after the mess in his living room and I managed to get myself together enough to get to LHR T2 only half an hour late. Iain was already checked in so it was straight through to wait for Mike on his way from Scotland. I thought I had it bad but his plane was delayed, then there was a fire evactuation at Edinburgh airport, then he had to wait for 15 kids in wheelchairs to get off the flight before he could board. But we all made it.
So after a two hour flight to Madrid, and the most expensive G&T I think I have ever paid for (got to love Iberia I don´t recomend them) we get on our 16 hour flight to Buenos Aires, Argentina. I am almost relaxed, down a bottle of red wine and am asleep before you know it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home