Friday, November 17, 2006

Free Camping, 4th November

After the police incident, we hit our first bit of dirt road. It´s all a bit scary at first for me but my training in Wales pays off and I get to the dam in once piece. It´s a full moon and we arrive just in time to get the tents set up and dinner cooked before sunset. There is a storm far off in the distance, seeming to move in the opposite direction so we get a lightening show to boot. There is no place I´d rather have been. And once again, all is good with the world.
That´s until about 2am when the tent has seemd to turn itself inside out and upside down. For about two or three hours the wind batters us and I expect to be blown across to the other side of the dam. But the new tent holds up very well, I awake in the morning rather tired but in once piece, the tent in once piece and the bike still standing. At least the wind kept the midges away.

'Not a bad view from the tent, even if the bike is in the way'

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home