Friday, November 17, 2006

Mucho Viento, 6th November

Now we´re getting somewhere. Heading into the exotic Patagonia. The wind has started and within minutes my neck aches from being buffeted around by a cross wind. By 11sies, I´ve got all my thermal linings on and unpacked my winter gloves. I´m very grateful for the last minute decission to bring them along.
Stopping for lunch in a Parrilla by a truck stop, we get the usual, ´Where are you from, where are you going?´The waitress, who has started to chuckle, walks over to the other table of customers, and relays them our story. They look over and burst out laughing. Apparently the wind is much worse further south and the truck driver thinks we´re ´loco´. They settle down and carry on with their own discussion. About 10 minutes later, the truck driver looks over at us again and burst into histerics. ´Mucho mas viento´, he says again. You can almost see the tears of laughter in his eyes.
I´m starting to get nervous about the wind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home